EXPERT ADVICE ON SECURING YOUR TECH STARTUP FINANCING
Watch this case study about how Brad Furber helped SanityDesk (SaaS Silicone Valley Startup Company) and its Co-Founder Samuel P.N. Cook raise $ 1,35 Million dollars
Intro Lesson: Why You Have to Be Little Crazy to Raise Money
Lesson 1: How to Build Your Fundraising Strategy
Lesson 2: Getting Your House in Order
Lesson 3: Creating a Compelling Offer
Lesson 4: Going to Market
Sam Cook, the co-founder, and CEO of SanityDesk, and Brad Furber, the founder of Venture Finance Academy, engage in a deep-dive case study that illustrates how Sam and his team were able to take their big idea and make it a reality. The big idea was originally hatched inside a services based media agency operating in Poland and Ukraine and then spun out into a newly formed Delaware corporation.
You will learn how Sam employed the Aery Advisors’ methodology and illustrates how, by putting theory to practice, he and his team were able to, over a period of 16 months, during a global pandemic, successfully raise US$1.35 Million of funding in a series of smaller rounds, culminating in an oversubscribed pre-seed round lead by several smart money angels and one micro-VC in Q4 2020.
1. Why you have to be a little crazy to raise money.
2. How to build your fundraising strategy: the 12 primary sources of startup capital and which sources Sam targeted over the course of his 16-month venture finance journey.
3. Getting your house in order (skip this step and die). What mistakes did Sam make along the way, and how did he fix those problems in order to make his company truly investment-ready?
4. Creating a compelling offer, because raising capital is usually a lot harder than selling a product or service. How different investment offers to attract different types and sources of capital, and what Sam did to ultimately attract a strong lead investor and a host of other smart-money sources of capital.
5. Going to market – the long journey ahead. How many pitches does it really take to successfully close a funding round?
The case study is a realistic and true account of what it takes to successfully raise the funding your business needs – the challenges, the pitfalls, the surprises, and the successes.
It is told through the framework of the Aery Advisors’ methodology and illustrates how the theory and processes actually work in practice.
Prepare yourself mentally and practically to raise funding in 2021 by watching the case study today.
The money is out there – are you going to be one of the smart startup founders who actually gets it?
Intro Lesson - Why You Have to Be Little Crazy to Raise Money [HINT: The odds ain’t good] (the video above).
Lesson 1 - How to Build Your Fundraising Strategy [The 12 Sources of Capital]
Lesson 2 - Getting Your House in Order [Skip this step & Die]
Lesson 3 - Creating a Compelling Offer [It’s a LOT harder than Sales]
Lesson 4 - Going to Market [Kissing Frogs until you find your Prince or Princess - Finding Your Ideal Sources of Capital]